Premature end of script headers

Ørjan Sandland orjan at sandland.ws
Fri Nov 7 01:53:03 CET 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:00:23 -0700
  "Jeremy Leggat" <jleggat at prescott.edu> wrote:
>Setting up Nagios on Mandrake 9.1.  I have Nagios running
>with the http and ping plugins monitoring a server.  The
>web interface is configured to use authentication.  When
>I try to view the services through the web interface I
>authenticate and then I recieve a Internal Service Error
>page.
>
>This is in the httpd error log:
>[Thu Nov 06 15:46:50 2003] [error] [client
>162.42.197.251] Premature end of script headers:
>status.cgi, referer:
>http://daredevil.prescott.edu/nagios/side.html

Have these files been edited on a windows computer?
Did you unpack the archive on a windows computer and then
later moved them to a unix machine?

During both of these operations, you can end up with
additional control characters in your text files.
Open up the file in question and see if there's a ^M
control character in the end of each line.

The problem is not exclusively a windows vs. unix one -
but that's where I've experienced it most.

Just my $0.02

Best regards,
Ørjan Sandland