check_ping thresholds

Michelle Murrain lists at murrain.net
Thu Nov 6 01:31:58 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 19:01, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> Can you post the check_ping command definition...

in /usr/share/netsaint/pluginconfig/check_ping.cfg I have:
command[check_ping]=/usr/lib/netsaint/plugins/check_ping -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -w 10:20% -c 60:100%

So I think I understand what's going on here. The warning is set to 10
rta, 20%, and the critical is set to 60 rta 100%. So I'm assuming:
1) this is the command that actually set the ping thresholds, not the
arguements in the service config
2) these are OR thresholds, not AND thresholds (makes sense).

Changing the nubbers in check_ping.cfg did the trick.

SO why are there arguments in the services.cfg definitions if they don't
change how check_ping works? Am I missing something? I would like to
have different ping thresholds for different hosts, since some are
internal and some external. Would I just add new lines to the
check_ping.cfg file?

Thanks,

Michelle