check_ifstatus/check_snmp hell

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 16:18:34 CET 2003

Hi,

I ended up removing this section of code from check-ifstatus; with tcpdump I was able to see the snmp polls and responses to/from the hosts that were having problems. However I would still get the No snmp response(timeout error?). Let me know if you still need my configs....

# Just in case of problems, let's not hang Nagios
$SIG{'ALRM'} = sub {
     print ("ERROR: No snmp response from $hostname (alarm timeout)\n");
     exit $ERRORS{"UNKNOWN"};
};

./check_ifstatus -V
check_ifstatus (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.7