switching a service to passive

Anurag Gupta agupta at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Nov 4 03:19:03 CET 2003

You may have already tried this. Still,

1)
Check if you have multiple nagios procs running.

2)
Try putting the following *explicitly* in the config file in the "define
service" directives:

define service {
active_checks_enabled 0
passive_checks_enabeld 1
}

Your settings are being overridden in a derived config directive somewhere.

thanks
-anurag