How can you check more then one hard disk?

Ørjan Sandland orjan at sandland.ws
Mon Nov 3 23:49:02 CET 2003

Hi Rogier,

I've done this. The clue is just to avoid having a
service_description field for one host that is equal.

I think this is the default command that goes into
checkcommands.cfg

define command{
	command_name	check_nt_disk
	command_line	$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
	}

then make sure that the service_description field (in
services.cfg) is different for the two disks you will
check on the same computer:

For the C-drive, use:
service_description	DISKCHECK-C
check_command		check_nt_disk!C!90!95

For the D-drive, use:
service_description	DISKCHECK-D
check_command		check_nt_disk!D!90!95

...and all the other fields have to go inbetween of
course.

For some reason it is not possible to use to checks with
the same description on one host, so if you use
"DISKCHECK" for both - Nagios won't start (or the
pre-flight check will indicated a critical problem).

Best regards,
Ørjan Sandland