Web interface problems?

Ørjan Sandland orjan at sandland.ws
Mon Nov 3 22:06:54 CET 2003

Hello all!

this is my first posting to this list, although I've been
using Netsaint and Nagios in larger corporate environments
for quite some time now.
Still, I must admit that I have yet to make use of all the
possibillities in Nagios.

I have an installation of v1.1 on a compaq deskpro P4
1.4GHz with 1GB RAM. OS is RH8, webserver is "stock"
Apache 2.0 that comes with the OS, and the browser is IE6.

The problem is basically that the web interface sometimes
leave out some hosts and/or services.

I have 109 hosts and 165 services monitored at the moment,
but when I open up the "Service detail" menu, only 104/120
are listed.
When I open the "Status Grid" main menu - usually get all
the hosts and services listed.
If I enter into one of the sub menus on the grid, one I've
named "General_Services", it sometimes shows only 7 hosts,
13 services out of the 8 hosts, 29 services that I shold
see.
Refreshing the frame a few times may or may not solve the
problem.

I do suspect some sort of caching to be a part of the
problem, but I've tried clearing client cached files and
restarting the webserver - with no luck.

Any suggestion appreciated!

Best regards,
Ørjan Sandland