Help

sun solnav sunsolnav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 12:35:46 CET 2003

Hello Nagios guru's ,

I'm new to this tool , i found this interesting and decided to install this for my environment. I have installed it sucessfully and configured the web interface. But now when i try to configure a unix box  using the docs provided in the  http://www.nagios.org
for disk usage i get the following error .

# ./nagios restart
Running configuration check...
Nagios 1.1
Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 06-02-2003
License: GPL
Reading configuration data...
Error: Could not add object property in file '/usr/nagios/etc/misccommands.cfg' on line 5.

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...
     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation on the main and host config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.
failed - aborting restart.
#

I'm not sure how to configure the file misccommands.cfg . Can someone help me with this regard.

Installation details .

Installed location :/usr/nagios

Can someone help me in configuring  misccommands.cfg file.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen.