monitoring HTML changes on sites

Jeff Verheyen jeff.verheyen at ampersant.be
Mon Nov 3 02:51:17 CET 2003

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http --help

 -s, --string=STRING
   String to expect in the content

Use the -s option to verify if your page contains a certain string.

This might be ah html comment such as:

<!-- This is my test pattern-->

The default server pages probably won't contain your 'special' test
patterns...

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 01:30, Alejandro Lengua - Virtual Orbis wrote:
> I would like to replicate the monitoring HTML/CRC Change feature that
> Alertra.com site has.
>
> I mean, not only know when an HTTP site is down, but also know if it has
> changed.
> I run a web hosting company and sometimes when my provider makes updates
> the Apache
> configuration gets corrupted and the sites change (to a default Apache
> page).
>
> I need to be aware of that, they only check if the HTTP server is up.
> Can Nagios and its
> plugins help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alejandro Lengua

Ampersant bvba - Jeff Verheyen
 Dr. Jacobsstraat 3 - 2570 DUFFEL - Belgium
 Tel: +32 15 32 36 19 - Fax: +32 15 32 37 90
 Email: jeff.verheyen at ampersant.be
 Website: http://www.ampersant.be/