check_ifstatus/check_snmp hell

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 22:28:35 CET 2003

Hey all,
     I've been having several issues with snmp and my nagios machine, check_ifstatus reports ERROR: No snmp response from 10.128.254.12 (alarm timeout)  however when I execute the command from the command line everything works.
     I have another object for second firewall using the same commands and it works fine. I've done the plugin debuging from the FAQ (Btw I think a >> is missing for the debug script)  and I get the correct response so I'm lost and need help. Orginally I was geting no repsonse from the check_snmp plugin, maybe it's something with my net-snmp install?