error compiling nagios w/ mysql support: mysql_real_connect

b_2_o b_2_o at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 18:05:14 CEST 2003

well, I figured maybe my problem was having an older version of mysql so I upgraded to 4.0.13 and it got rid of the compile errors, but now I am getting link errors up the wazoo..

curiously, the configure script claims, and I quote:

checking for main in -lmysqlclient... yes
MySQL library was found!

indeed, the libraries are all there:

ls /usr/lib/mysql/
libdbug.a   libmyisam.a       libmysqlclient.la    libmystrings.a  libvio.a
libheap.a   libmyisammrg.a    libmysqlclient_r.a   libmysys.a      mysqld.sym
libmerge.a  libmysqlclient.a  libmysqlclient_r.la  libnisam.a

attached is a dump of the output of "make all", basically lots of repetitions of things like this:

perfdata.o ../xdata/xpddefault.c ../common/downtime.c ../xdata/xdddb.c    -lm -o nagios
/tmp/ccHTevSb.o(.text+0x378): In function `xrddb_initialize':
../xdata/xrddb.c:215: undefined reference to `mysql_init'
/tmp/ccHTevSb.o(.text+0x3f2): In function `xrddb_connect':
../xdata/xrddb.c:252: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect'

anyone out there have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Robert