macro + check_disk_smb

Wiesner, Thomas Thomas.Wiesner at dbla.com
Mon May 26 15:44:00 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I have a problem with the check_disk_smb command and macros.

Resource.cfg:

$USER3$=0202020
$USER4$=Joop23$

0202020 is the username and
Joop23$ is the password.

Checkcommands.cfg

# 'Check_DiskC' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_DiskC
        command_line    $USER1$/check_disk_smb -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $USER4$
-u $USER3$ -W Domain -s c$
}

Errormessage:
Result from smbclient not suitable

I change the check_disk_smb command and write the parameter to a simple
textfile:
-H
host
-p
Joop23$
-u
0202020
-W
Domain
-s
-H0

System:
RedHat 9

If I use the correct username and password direct in the checkcommands.cfg
file everything is ok. With the macro I have the problem that the program
doesn't get the correct sharename (C$), username or password. Are there any
limitations like only 9 parameters or there must not be a '$' in the
password or in the sharename.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Thomas Wiesner