NRPE: Could not complete SSL handshake. 1

Peter Kaagman p.kaagman at atlascollege.nl
Thu May 22 10:59:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Peter Kaagman wrote:

> On the remote hosts I find the following entry in /var/log/syslog
> root at ntcsg2:/etc# grep nrpe /var/log/syslog
> May 21 12:34:11 ntcsg2 nrpe[19464]: Error: Could not complete SSL
> handshake. 1
> May 21 12:44:55 ntcsg2 nrpe[19502]: Error: Could not complete SSL
> handshake. 1
> root at ntcsg2:/etc#

Hi list,

As it turned out, I just got that ssl message on the first couple off
tries. I haven't seen it since.

Nowhere in the remote logs there is mention off nrpe other than the
(succesfull) tries I do from the command line.

Did make sure user nobody is able to execute check_nrpe (which it could
not do at first) but this did not solve the problem.

Also made nrpe run as a daemon on the remote, but that to didn't make a
difference.

At the moment I'm wondering which user is actually starting check_nrpe. At
first I thought that would be nagios, later I made sure nobody was able to
run the check. But alas...... I'm still getting a connection refused.

Any pointers for a lost sole?
--
regard

Peter Kaagman