Stale Services in Scheduling Queue

Randal Kornelsen RKornelsen at extremenetworks.com
Mon May 19 23:51:11 CEST 2003

I am having trouble with scheduled services not being run and going stale.
The symptoms are that at various times, blocks of services fail to be run
and then are never cleaned out of the Scheduling Queue.  As long as the
stale service check is in the queue the service is never rescheduled.
Forcing each of the stale scheduled services to be immediately run removes
the the stale job from the queue and the service can again be scheduled, and
checked, automatically.

For example, I manually cleaned up the scheduling queue on Friday, 5/16.  On
Saturday at 01:16:24 through 01:20:13 a block of 73 scheduled Services
failed to run.  At 01:23:29 through 01:23:29 6 scheduled services failed to
run.  Lastly, at 01:38:30 through 01:38:31 3 scheduled services failed to
run.

My implementation of Nagios 1.0 is running on Solaris 8.

thank you,
Randal Kornelsen
Extreme Networks