Check_snmp Issue

Aaron Conaway Aaron.Conaway at HOSystems.com
Fri May 16 20:18:18 CEST 2003

Same thing.

[nagios at palpatine libexec]$ ./check_snmp -H ******** -o .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0 -C ********
SNMP WARNING - 107

----------
Aaron Conaway
Network Engineer III
Verisign, Inc. -- Telecom Services Division
http://www.verisign.com
Office:  912.527.4343
Fax:  912.527.4014

-----Original Message-----
From: Subhendu Ghosh [mailto:sghosh at sghosh.org]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 12:16 PM
To: Aaron Conaway
Cc: Dean Bishop; nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] Check_snmp Issue

You are getting the warnings because some of the MIBs in your installation
are not parsing cleanly.  check_snmp will load all the mibs in the path in
order to translate ifnumber.0 into .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0.  If there are
errors reading the mibs, there is error on stderr, hence the warning.

If you can run check_snmp with the explicit OID, then you can add "-m : "
switch which essentially creates an empty path list to search for mibs.

With no mibs being read - you shouldn't have any parsing issue and
check_snmp will run a bit faster as well.

-sg