missing passive updates

Rob rhaig at hackboy.com
Fri May 16 16:42:29 CEST 2003

how do I get nagios to not claim a passive update is missing until the freshness threshold has expired?

I'm using NSCA to do passive updates, and apparently they don't all get through. (I guess I'll have to write some random sleeps into my perl scripts).  However, I set the freshness_threshold to 1800sec, and set the check attempts and intervals to keep trying for 30min (6 tries at 5min intervals).  I still get missing passives quite a lot though.  Often in less than the 1800sec.

I don't want to put nagios into production here until I can resolve this, and I don't want to fix it with some wild hack.  Can anyone help?