check_ntp

Irene Sakellarakis irenes at wolfram.com
Fri May 16 15:59:28 CEST 2003

check_ntp -H $HOSTNAME$ works just fine from the command line of the
nagios server. I cannot get the web interface to display a check. I'm
confused as to whether the check occurs at all (since it works from
the command line) or if Nagios is, in effect, not updating this
particular service.

The error message I get is: "NTP CRITICAL: No suitable peer server found -
Server for ntp probably down"

What I've done so far:

*Updated all my plugins to the latest version from sourceforge.

*Specified the location of ntpdate in utils.pm to reflect the location on
the nagios server (this location is different on the client I'm checking).

*ntpd seemed to be problematic on the host server, so I've stopped ntpd as
a daemon and am running a cron job every 60 seconds to synchronize with my
time server (stratum 2 server).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
Irene