nsca connection problem

Alexei Moulton amoulton at cambridge.org
Fri May 16 12:54:45 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to get nsca working but whenever i run send_nsca i get the
following output:
Error:  Server closed connection before init packet was received
Error:  Could not read init packet from server

i know that inetd is configured ok because it does connect (to port 5667)
before the connection being immediately closed. I have tried with and
without encryption enabled - always the same result.

any help on how to go about debugging this would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks,
Alexei.

Alexei Moulton
Systems Developer