Excessive alerting, every host is DOWN according to alerting

Bas van der Veen bas.vanderveen at kahuna.nl
Thu May 15 12:46:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

Today, all of a sudden (I can't remember having done anything weird :) ) my FreeBSD Nagios box started mailing alerts for *every* host listed in Nagios.

Weird stuff:
- nagios.log doesn't show the alerts being sent out
- /var/log/messages file doesn't show anything funny
- /var/log/maillog shows nothing particular
- the Nagios eventlog doesn't show anything related

Any suggestion as to where the problem lies welcome...

Bas