Nokia BSD

Matthias Eichler mylists at ame.de
Wed May 14 15:17:17 CEST 2003

Hi,

I think you are really talking about the Nokia IPSO operating system
running on the Nokia IP series.
It is BSD based but NOT FreeBSD, so FreeBSD packages will mostly not run
on IPSO.

The processor is K6-2 or Pentium class, depends on the model...

But I would highly NOT recommend to do this on these boxes for
support reasons.
Another thing is that these boxes have not sooo much power and that
CheckPoint FW-1 or VPN-1 can easily bring this box up to a load of
5 or higher. Thats why it is for example not recommended to let
other OPSEC software run besides FW-1 on a box smaller than IP6xx.

If you have some spare Nokia box I would recommend you to bring
Linux on such a machine, there are some howtos on the net.

Greetings,

Matthias Eichler

--
Matthias Eichler <mylists at ame.de>