Fwd: Error 404 Object not found- ACCESS

Mohamed El Zeiny MZieny at cairo.westerngeco.slb.com
Wed May 14 12:31:26 CEST 2003

Nothing with quotes makes difference...!
BUT I succeed . by editing the file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
instead of /usr/local/appache/conf/httpd.conf

this makes a lot of differences.

I re-install apache2 and configure everything fine so far.
the problem is now when try to access.., it does not accept the
user/passwrod although I use htpasswd to create some accounts.
while when comment the line
#require valid-user
from the file /usr/local/nagios/sbin/.htaccess

there is no need for user/password for the home page, but can not access
anything else

any help?

Regards,

œ MZieny at cairo.westerngeco.slb.com