Service Dependencies doesn't WORK????

Miguel A. Torres matorres at prisacom.com
Tue May 13 13:54:03 CEST 2003

Hello,

You are right...I have the wrong idea about service depenencies. But after to re-read the docc I think that I can use the "Service Dependencies" feature to simulate that I want. My intention is the following:

I have a service A dependent on service B. If the service B turn on the critical state the service A will not be checked. Now, with my actual configuration when this occur the service A don't turn any diferent state.

Then my question is:

if the service A is not checked why dont't turn on other state???(for example unreachabe).

I need that a dependent servie A turn on a different (anyone) state when the master service B turn on critical state.
Is it possible with these feature??  and with other feature of nagios??

Thanks a lot.

Miguel A. Torres