[Nagiosplug-help] check_citrix ?

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Tue May 13 13:12:08 CEST 2003

> From: Stanley Hopcroft [mailto:Stanley.Hopcroft at IPAustralia.Gov.AU]
>
> Any module you want used by a Perl program (utils.pm used by
> _all_ the standard Perl plugins as well as check_citrix)
> needs to be where Perl expects it to be namely,
>
> 1 The current working directory - so sticking utils.pm it in
> <path_to_Nag>/libexec will work

Only if the plugin is run in that directory, which is not the case
with the standard Nagios method for command definition
($USER1$/check_blah ...).

> I suppose the ideal thing would be for someone to either

[...]
> 3. have contrib Perl programs _fail_ with a note saying that
> unless you
> add the correct use lib pragma to the plugin it is not going to work.
>
>   Probably the only feasable although disgusting solution for
>   Contributed Perl plugins.

I'm not sure if you mean the failure or the need to insert a 'use lib'
pragma is disgusting. :)

> 4. The curent option in that contributed plugins are not on the same
> level as standard Plugins.
>
> This means that you and you (and that means you hiding in the
> back row)
> must do some _work_ to install them and get them going.

I don't think anybody's expecting handholding, maybe just a hint in the
source that adding a 'use lib' line might be necessary to get the
contributed plugin to work. The pragma seems to be the accepted Nagios
method of dealing with the issue, or at least that's the way that all
the Perl plugins installed by default deal with it.

Phil