Check_NTP (embedded perl) Problem

Tue May 13 06:54:15 CEST 2003

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the feedback.

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 03:07:10PM -0600, Kevin Stussman wrote:
> Well, problem one fixed. (I didn't check the newsgroups :-)
>
> Just had to add PERLLIB to the startup rc.d script.
>
> PERLLIB=/monitor/nagios/libexec/
> export PERLLIB

(This means Perl searches this path as well as all the standard
locations for any .pm or .so that is 'used' by a Perl program, for all
Perl programs. There may be some overhead in doing so. Suggest you hack
check_ntp to add

use lib 'path_of_util.pm' ;

 _or_

move utils.pm into the standard Perl search path [perl -V | tail] ).

Ok. So it couldn't find utils.pm until you told Perl to search extra
libraries.

This is suprising since all the standard Perl plugins should be utils.pm
aware.

Please would you post the version of check_ntp you are using ?

It may be a bug.

> The second problem is still around though.
>
> Kevin.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft