Host never fails, service does...

Mike R. ebiz at explodingcow.com
Tue May 13 00:24:27 CEST 2003

Hmmm, I've built three monitoring servers over the last month, and this is the only one giving me issues....

I have several servers defined, and all looks well (the pre flight check returns 0 errors) the service starts, and all the servers are "green" and (Host assumed to be up) (as expected)

The problem arises when I shutdown one of the servers; the Service Status Details For Host page does what I expect it too, it cycles thought the three attempts at "PING", and turns red... however I never call the host check, the host is 24/7 "UP" when it clearly is not... is there something that I'm missing here???

Thanks.

-- Mike Rivett
   rivettmj at nospamrivett.org