[Nagios-devel] More passive problems

Erik Larkin erik.larkin at nuasis.com
Mon May 12 18:45:20 CEST 2003

You might want to look at "command_check_interval" in nagios.cfg.  I have a
huge number of passive checks coming in as well (via nsca), and I found that
leaving it at -1, which equates to "check as often as possible", didn't
check often enough.  Consequently my pipe size would hit the kernel maximum
(linux redhat) pretty quickly, and all new incoming nsca connections would
hang until nagios cleared the pipe.  I set the command_check_interval to 1s,
and it seemed to help a good deal.  You can also increase the allowed
maximum size of a pipe, but for redhat at least that requires recompiling
the kernel.