discovery of nodes

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Mon May 12 17:56:57 CEST 2003

There is a utility that can take nmap info and build configs.  Mileage
varies.  I tried a version about a year ago but found that the configs were
not as clean as would like.  No grouping was done so, for instance, service
check definitions were created for the same service on different hosts
rather than creating a single service definition and adding a list of hosts
to it's definition.

It has been a while since I used it so it has probably been improved by
Robert significantly.

Hope that's not too muddy,

The utility is available on the nagios download page (nmap2nagios)