How to send notification by email to an extern al address?

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Mon May 12 16:52:06 CEST 2003

Message Transfer Agent

(MTA, Mail Transport Agent) The program responsible for delivering e-mail
messages. Upon receiving a message from a Mail User Agent or another MTA it
stores it temporarily locally and analyses the recipients and either
delivers it (local addressee) or forwards it to another MTA (routing). In
either case it may edit and/or add to the message headers.

The most widely used MTA for Unix is sendmail, which communicates using
SMTP.

Regards,
dean