check_http for ssl woes..

Ian Farr ianf at Oceanwide.com
Fri May 9 17:40:48 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to get check_http working with some SSL sites, and have not had
much success. Here is what I have done.

I downloaded the 1.3.0 plugins and ran the configure script with the
--enable-SSL --with-openssl=<dir> options, and make all && make install.

Everything works for HTTP sites, but wheneve I try someting like this:

 check_http -I <IPADDRESS> -R "textToSearchFor" -p 443 -v it just times out
and returns nothing.

Am I missing something? is there another way to call the check_http to
enable SSL - or can I just specify 443 as the port?

Sorry if this is a "silly" question, but I have searched around and not had
much luck.

Thanks for any help...

Ian Farr
Director of Network Infrastructure