Passive servicecheck on NT

Tom DE BLENDE Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Fri May 9 08:53:37 CEST 2003

Ralf Mellis wrote:

> My question: Could you please provide us with the services and command
> definitions for the nagios host which are correlated to the citrix wsh
> script?

As it is a passive service check, you don't need a command definition.
Please read http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/passivechecks.html
for a better understanding.

I then use this template:

# Citrix Logins definition template
define service{
         name                            Citrix-Logins
         service_description             Citrix Logins
         active_checks_enabled           1
         passive_checks_enabled          1
         parallelize_check               1
         obsess_over_service             1
         check_freshness                 0
         notifications_enabled           1
         event_handler_enabled           1
         flap_detection_enabled          1
         process_perf_data               1
         retain_status_information       1
         retain_nonstatus_information    1
         is_volatile                     0
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           10
         retry_check_interval            1
         notification_interval           600
         notification_period             24x7
         check_period                    none
         notification_options            n
         contact_groups                  frango-admins
         check_command                   check_ping

         register                                0
         }

And for every host I want to monitor, I have an entry like this:

# Service definition
define service{
         use                                     Citrix-Logins

         host_name                       citrixbox
         }

Hope this clarifies things.