Passive servicecheck on NT

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Thu May 8 16:01:26 CEST 2003

Yes.  Thanks to Tom DeBlende who steered me in the right direction.  You can
use plink (part of putty) to dump commands to the linux box using ssh.

The script Tom refers to below is a Citrix checking VB script. It and plink
are attached.  What Tom's script does is pull the data from a registry
value, formulate a proper nagios command enclosed in a proper linux command
which sends the nagios command to the external command file via a plink
command.

Hope that helps,
Dean

Dear Dean,

First of all: please find attached the zip file that contains:

1) The script (you will have to change some variables in the beginning
of the script).

2) The plink.exe file used to make the SSH connection to the Nagios
server.

Running this as a scheduled task is a pain to set up, as you will have
to make sure that the hostkey is in place in the registry in the
default user profile
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\SshHostKeys]. In other
words, you will have to log in with the user account that you will use
to run the scheduled task, run plink.exe once to connect to the Nagios
server, and then copy its registry key to the location shown above.

Don't forget to create the passive service on the Nagios setup with
the exact same service name. Might be best to "tail -f" the external
command file first to see what's arriving though :-)