Nagios CGI Authorization Problems - Solution!

chris at kive.net chris at kive.net
Wed May 7 10:03:15 CEST 2003

I searched around a bit more, and one of the solutions finally took. All I
needed to change was the section of the httpd.conf that I had in my
earlier e-mail, and change it to:

----- START CODE -----

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from All
        AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
        AuthGroupFile /dev/null
        AuthName "Nagios"
        AuthType Basic
        Require valid-user
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from All
        AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
        AuthGroupFile /dev/null
        AuthName "Nagios"
        AuthType Basic
        Require valid-user
</Directory>

----- END CODE -----

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

FYI, I got this clue from:
http://dudle.linuxroot.org/docs/netsaint/netsaint-5.html which is Haim
Dimermanas's Netsaint doc. Thanks Haim! (who is bcc'd on this)