Check_ntp error - need interpretation

Irene Sakellarakis irenes at wolfram.com
Tue May 6 21:37:03 CEST 2003

Running check_ntp from the command line on my Nagios server to check a
remote host, I get the following error:

-----
CRITICAL: Dispersion error and time difference 60.824095 seconds greater
than +/- 60 sec

------
The time on my remote host is synch'd to a stratus 3 time server and is
set correctly so there is no offset. Time is identical to the Nagios host
server.

check_ntp version: (nagios-plugins 200211131100-snapshot) 1.9
nagios host: Red Hat 7.3
ntpd host: Red Hat 6.1

Thanks in advance,
Irene