BGP & Interface monitoring

BELMONT Christophe christophe.belmont at c-s.fr
Tue May 6 19:36:30 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am using Nagios to monitoring many routers of the network. More
especially, I am using check_bgpstate and check_ifstatus. When a link
goes down, the Nagios service defined on this host goes down. It is
acknowledged and does not send alarm any more. If before this link comes
back up, a second link goes down on the same router, Nagios should raise
the alarm once again.

My question is? If the comment after the state returned by the "check"
script changes (a new interface is listed as down) even though the state
itself does not change (was CRITICAL and is still CRITICAL), does Nagios
triggers a new alarm or does it thinks this is still the same previous
alarm.

Does somebody already encountered this problem and found out how to
bypass it?

Thank you in advance,
Christophe.

---