Host up but 2 Services appear to be down.

Roy Souther roy at computerconcept.net
Mon May 5 16:36:40 CEST 2003

I have been running Nagios successfully for about a year now. I'm checking
over 30+ host, and 100+ services. Recently I added a host, and I'm checking
four services on that host (POP3, HTTP, FTP, and SYSTEM LOAD). The problem
is this; my host is up but two of the four services I'm checking for are
reported as being down (FTP & POP3), when they are clearly working. I
checked my config files and nothing differs from any of the other
host/services that are all reporting being up. Does anyone have any possible
solutions?  This is really kind of aggrevating, any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!