nrpe and plugin binaries for hp-ux 11

Ralf Mellis testrm at kisters.com
Mon May 5 10:51:43 CEST 2003

C. Bensend wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 05:23:35PM +0200, Ralf Mellis wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>I'm trying to compile the nrpe 2.0b3 and plugins 1.3.0 on a hp-ux 11
>>server. But it seems that there are some requirements, that are not
>>fulfilled (i.e. version of openssl, type conflicts in some header files
>>and so on).
>>Now my question: Is there someone out there, who has successfully
>>compiled (ideally statically linked) the above mentioned binaries for
>>hp-ux 11?
>

> You can try the ones I built at:
>
> http://www.bennyvision.com/projects/nagios/
>
> They weren't built statically, and they might not work for you, but
> you never know.  :)

Hi, thanks for the link, I have tested the 11.00 binaries (plugins and
nrpe) out. They work locally (nrpe daemon starts up and plugins are
executable directly from the command line) but unfortunately the
communication between nagios host and the client is not successfull.

I have turned debugging on, but the only message that occurs if the
nagios host tries to trigger a plugin on my hp-ux server is:

Could not read request from client, bailing out...

It seems that there are difficulties with the encryption. I had similar
messages within a linux nrpe host where I builded the nrpe client
without encryption in the first step, after enabling encryption here all
works fine.

I think I have to compile it myself...

Bye
Ralf