Login problem

Aaron Conaway Aaron.Conaway at HOSystems.com
Thu May 1 13:37:34 CEST 2003

Raj,

I believe your commandline adds the user "nagios", not "nagiosadmin",
assuming that was not a typo in your email.  Run it again without the
space between nagios and admin or try logging in as "nagios".

----------
Aaron Conaway
Network Engineer III
Verisign, Inc. -- Telecom Services Division
http://www.verisign.com
Office:  912.527.4343
Fax:  912.527.4014

-----Original Message-----
From: Raj Mudhar [mailto:Raj.Mudhar at nottingham.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 4:32 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Login problem

Hi

I have addes .htaccess file to nagios cgi-bin and html directory.

Then using the following command created the nagios admin user.

htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagios admin

it asked me for a password.. i entered it twice ( i know this password
its correct trust me!)

Now when i goto the nagios website http://mypc/nagios/  a
username/password box appears

adding the nagiosadmin as user and my password as the password... it
dont let me in?! whats going on?

reporting any issue.