NRPE Service times out (error code 110)

Nicholas Bernstein nick at docmagic.com
Mon Mar 31 22:27:29 CEST 2003

Hi all. I wrote a script to return the value of universe licenses in use
on our database server, it's a pretty quick script, runs a command, hops
through a loop and gives back some text. It runs fine from the command
line, and returns 0.

When running through nrpe, though, I get an errno of 110 - which
according to errno.h is:
"#define ETIMEDOUT       110     /* Connection timed out */"

What do you guys think? how should I go about fixing this?