Trends & Availability not working

chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com
Mon Mar 31 15:46:21 CEST 2003

I've been skimming back and forth in the docs trying to determine how to
set
the initial state. Would someone mind just telling us where that is?

Charles H. Baker
chbaker at powersystems dot rockwell dot com
work: 864.281.2409 fax: 864.281.2487 cell: 864.363.5302
BOFH excuse #40:
Not enough memory, go get system upgrade.

                      "Thomas Stocking"
                      <tstocking at insynccom.com>             To:      <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                      Sent by:                              cc:
                      nagios-users-admin at lists.sour         Subject: [Nagios-users] Re: Trends & Availability not working
                      ceforge.net

                      03/28/2003 07:52 PM
                      Please respond to tstocking

Nicholas,
You should be sure that if you are using "Assume State", that you set the
initial state to OK.
That problem gave me pause until I played with the options for a while...
             Thomas

Thomas Stocking, GCIA, GCIH
Captech Partners
thomas at captech.com
http://www.captech.com
(415) 507-9267

When I go into trends or Availability and do a report for the last 24
hours (I've only had it up for 24hrs), the host or service is listed as
Indeterminate: (100.0%). If I go to Host Detail, the get either UP
"(Host assumed to be up)" or "PING OK- Packet loss = 0%m RTA = .65".
Where should I start looking to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

| Nicholas Bernstein            | nick at docmagic.com             |
| UNIX Systems Administrator    | http://www.docmagic.com       |
| Document Systems Inc.         |                               |
reporting any issue.