openssl

Brad Dunn Brad at pretzel.com.au
Mon Mar 31 07:14:44 CEST 2003

Firstly I would like to point out I'm well aware of the sheer amount this
"SSL problem" has come up on the list, but I'm still quite unable to
./configure the plugins again and get check_http to get all the SSL options.
I'll try be as informative as I can about how I've got it all.

Firstly

plugins# whereis openssl
openssl: /usr/bin/openssl /usr/include/openssl
/usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1.gz

Now when I move into the plugins etc, and choose ./configure I use the
following

./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl (or
/usr/include)

Then im displayed with this
checking for openssl... (cached) /usr/bin/openssl
checking for krb5.h... (cached) no
checking for krb5.h... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... (cached) no
checking for openssl/x509.h... (cached) no
checking for openssl/rsa.h... (cached) no
checking for openssl/pem.h... (cached) no
checking for openssl/crypto.h... (cached) no
checking for openssl/err.h... (cached) no
checking for ssl.h... (cached) no
checking for x509.h... (cached) no
checking for rsa.h... (cached) no
checking for pem.h... (cached) no
checking for crypto.h... (cached) no
checking for err.h... (cached) yes
>From what I can gather it just doesn't find Open SSL propperly, does anyone
have any sugestions to help me get this going?

Thanks a lot.

b r a d  d u n n