RES: New to this

Sandro Vaz (UOL) sandromergvaz at uol.com.br
Sat Mar 29 00:49:32 CET 2003

Jeff:

With a little bit more of patience (6 months ago I was a new user...)

A) Look at Nagios docs. They are pretty good.
B) Search at the Nagios FAQ (to your specific VRML doubt look at
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=52).
C) Google, Google, Google.
D) Think about the problem, take your chance trying to solve yourself.
E) Send an e-mail to this list, sending all information about the problem
(our cristal balls are, most of the time, off).
F) Always remember that you (and all of us) are taking other people's time.
G) And finnaly, do not send 10 e-mails about the same problem in one day.
People here are free to help, or they/we prefer to drink a beer sometimes. I
have seen some people doing this here, and I believe that's the worst way to
get help (that's not your case).

I'd wish that there should be a way to pop these lines before clicking the
"Send" button, for our always welcome Nagios new users.

HTH,

Sandro Vaz