Audio alerts for passive services

felix t kkranio at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 28 10:53:58 CET 2003

Hi all,

 I would really like to know how can one implement
audio alerts for passive services?
 The doc says is specifying the .wav files in the
cgi.cfg but Nagios does not seem to produce audio
alerts for passive service checks that turn into a
hard critical state ( when, for example, the remote
host sending passive checks results become unreachable
).
 I'm using check_freshness option in the services
definitions but even if I see that service hard state
is critical I don't receive any audio alarm.
 I'm looking forward for any help.

Kind regads,
           Felix Farkas