NagMIN - Modify production .cfg files to complete installation

Fred Albrecht Fred.Albrecht at za.tiscali.com
Fri Mar 28 07:59:30 CET 2003

Hi Fred

the download link seems to be broken...

:\
fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Reimers [mailto:FReimers at infosysinc.com]
Sent: 27 March 2003 09:21 PM
To: Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net; nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net; Russell Scibetti
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] NagMIN - Modify production .cfg files to complete installation

Matt,

Regarding NagMIN not activating a new configuration on a new install.  One problem is a bug that I've fixed and will release a bit later today.  The other is a required configuration change.

I don't automatically change your production nagios.cfg or cgi.cfg files to use the NagMIN generated configuration files when you run NagMIN setup.  This would blow away your running Nagios configuration since there are no NagMIN configuration files.

I also don't rewrite nagios.cfg or cgi.cfg when activating a configuration.  This gives you the flexibility to use NagMIN configuration files and also other customized files of your choosing.

You need to add the NagMIN configuration files to your production nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg settings to complete the NagMIN installation.  The details are on the last screen displayed by the setup utility.  Here are the NagMIN configuration file settings.

nagios.cfg

cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/Command.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/Contact.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ContactGroup.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/Host.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/HostEscalation.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/HostGroup.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/HostTemplate.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/Service.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ServiceDependency.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ServiceEscalation.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ServiceTemplate.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/TimePeriod.cfg

cgi.cfg

main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/HostExtInfo.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ServicExtInfo.cfg

I'd also recommend moving any other files that aren't being used out of your etc directory.  Leaving resource.cfg, nagios.cfg, cgi.cfg and any other needed files.  This will reduce the number of files displayed by NagMIN and only display files used in the configuration.

Let me know how you make out!

Fred