Problems Using NRPE 1.8 with HP-UX 10.20

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Mar 26 16:45:02 CET 2003

Hi there,

I recently compiled and installed NRPE 1.8 on an HP-UX 10.20 machine. The
configure and make processes indicated the source code
was compiled successfully. The plug-ins that I installed were those that had
been compiled on an HP-UX 10.20 machine. When I run the
plug-ins manually, they operate without any problems.

I am trying to get the Nagios server to be able to monitor the HP-UX
machine. However, I am confronted by a Connection refused by host
error message. I modified the inetd.conf and services files on the machine
according to the instructions included in the NRPE client. The
nrpe.cfg file was also modified to allow access where necessary. Does anyone
have any ideas?