check_http

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Wed Mar 26 10:45:29 CET 2003

Good morning all,

I am having a problem with check_http. I have added another server to my
check_http service service which has been working fine with a number of
other servers for almost a year now. Whenever the check_http commands runs
against the new server, I get the following warning message :

[root at MyServer libexec]# ./check_http -H 194.0.1.95
HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

If I run it against the server name, ie ./check_http -H eros, then it
fails....BUT, if I run it against the capitalised server name, ie EROS
then it works ! I'm stumped !

I can surf to the web server okay throgh a web browser by IP and lower and
upper case server names.

I'm running Nagios V1.0 and v1.30-alpha of the plugins. Has anybody else
seen this...because I am loosing hair now !

Many thanks

Matt