Can't display images

Mark Holm mark.holm at inherent.com
Wed Mar 26 07:58:30 CET 2003

I'm running Nagios 1.0 on Solaris 8 and I have all the gd and image
libraries compiled in with no errors. I can get the status map up along with
the 3-D map, but I cannot get it to display any supplied images. I have gone
back and explicitly configured nagios --with-template-extinfo and added the
following lines to both cgi.cfg and nagios.cfg:

	# EXTENDED HOST/SERVICE FILE INFORMATION
	xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
	xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg

I then created a the hostextinfo.cfg with the following for one of my hosts:

hostextinfo{
        host_name       sun1.infoarchinc.com
        notes_url
http://nagios.exc-sol.com/serverinfo/infoarch/sun1.html
<http://nagios.exc-sol.com/serverinfo/infoarch/sun1.html>
        icon_image      sunlogo.png
        icon_image_alt  Sun Ultra1 - Solaris 8
        vrml_image      sunlogo.png
        statusmap_image sunlogo.gd2
        2d_coords       100,250
        3d_coords       100.0,50.0,75.0
        }

The icon's listed are in the share/images/logos directory, but all I get are
Question Mark's on the status map, nothing on the extended host info pages,
and square blocks in the 3-D map. What am I missing to make the images
appear? Any help appreciated.

I'm also having the circle clipping problem posted earlier and would like an
answer to that one also.

	markh

======-----  ://F2 new technology for real integration -----========
Mark A. Holm - Director of Network Engineering & Operations
Inherent.com, Inc.
2140 SW Jefferson St.             Phone: (503) 224-6751
   Suite 200                              extension 236
Portland, OR 97201                  Fax: (503) 224-8872
<http://www.inherent.com <http://www.inherent.com> >
<mailto:markh at inherent.com <mailto:markh at inherent.com> >