Just installed Nagios 1.0 and suddenly having trouble with authentication

Mark Hennessy mark at cloud9.net
Tue Mar 25 21:26:11 CET 2003

<NOISE>
I'm new to the list and I mean no disrespect.

I wrote to the list trying to be specific as possible as to the trouble I
was seeing.  I simply informed you that error_log didn't show anything per
my first e-mail.  If being succinct and not repeating oneself is an
indication of being a smartass, so be it.  Your list decorum leaves much
to be desired.  Remember, there are human beings on both sides of this
conversation.

Now, to respond to the rational portion of the message:
</NOISE>

I installed 1.0 from source and not from ports.  I installed on top of
the existing installation.  All of the config files are otherwise the
same.  I tried installing to a new/different prefix and moving the
files/Search/Replace paths and the problem seems to have gone away.  That
suggests to me probably a permissions issue somewhere during the upgrade.
It would be a neat thing to try to trace back so it can be documented and
others can avoid it.  To all members of this list, thank you for your
kind consideration in this matter.

 Mark P. Hennessy					      mark at cloud9.net