check_http via proxy?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Mar 25 14:57:33 CET 2003

Jeremy Russell writes:

> Im also interested to know if this is feasbily done.  I too need to
> check some web sites through our proxy servers.

It has been discussed several times before.

It can depend on what type of proxy server you have.

In some cases, the following works:

 check_http -I <proxy> -H <site of interest>

You might need to include a query as well, to defeat caching.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the other method that is in use.

 --
Karl