Hosts.cfg file for Nagios

Rasmus Plewe rplewe at hpce.nec.com
Tue Mar 25 12:37:13 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 10:46:13AM +0000, Raj Mudhar wrote:

> This maybe the stupidest question ever

Not really. Have a look at the list archive, you're not alone.

> but where is this file
> (hosts.cfg) for nagios?  and another like ..

<path_to_your_nagios_installation>/etc/

> like in windows u can
> search for files and folders. .. what command do u use in linux to do
> this?

I don't know what "u" can do under Windows, to search for files and
directories under Linux you can usually use the "locate" command.

> I just installed the plugins and no errors came up seems to have
> gone well.  The instructions say that check the hosts.cfg file for
> nagios to make sure the paths are correct.

The instruction "nagios-1.0/INSTALLING" says also:
1) If you want, you can install the sample config files into the
   {prefix}/etc directory with the following command:

        make install-config

Rasmus