Check memory & cpu in Unix

emily zhou Emily.Zhou at algonquincollege.com
Mon Mar 24 16:15:13 CET 2003

Hi Sean,
I should have told I'm using NRPE to monitor remote unix box, so far check_disk is working as I expected. But I don't like those load (from UPTIME, it's not make much sense) and
user check, I'd like to check Cpu and Mem utilization similar data polling from Sar and Vmstat result respectively. I'm not sure how the check_snmp goes, it sounds SNMP isn't
that secure, usually it's disabled. I didn't know check_by_ssh can be used for Cpu or Mem check, I only use it to check sshd2 daemon.
Could you give me a further clue, thanks.
Emily