Multiple Nagios processes

Matthias Kurzer Kurzer at c-bs.de
Mon Mar 24 17:03:13 CET 2003

Lonny Selinger wrote:
> Well so far at first glance this is what I'm showing for execution times according
> to nagios:
>
> Time Frame Checks Completed
> <= 1 minute: 72 (15.1%)
> <= 5 minutes: 396 (83.2%)
> <= 15 minutes: 475 (99.8%)
> <= 1 hour: 475 (99.8%)
> Since program start:   475 (99.8%)
>
> so the <=1 minute is sufferring but I'm also not sure the best way to interpret this
> output ... (real time?, based on check interval? etc).

I think I got it. I set

service_reaper_frequency=1

(before service_reaper_frequency=10)

and now there is most times only one nagios prozess and all checks are
processed in the given time. But CPU-Utilisation is low as before.
<= 1 minute:20 (26.3%)
<= 5 minutes:67 (88.2%)
<= 15 minutes:75 (98.7%)
<= 1 hour:76 (100.0%)